Does not apply

I never got connected. Waited for quite some time so lost connection and didnt feel like trying again
Belva Bsy

Stbblocked

Shaw Cable - Stbblocked
I just came back from vacation my tv set top box is blocked I dont know why is that pls solve the issue

Preferred solution: Tv problem

map-marker Nanaimo, British Columbia

Absolutely terrible experience attempting to switch from Shaw home phone to Rogers mobile (with ported number) and upgrading to Ignite internet as bundle with discounts.

signed up on the website for a Rogers mobile phone and Shaw "Ignite" 1GB internet as my Shaw contract for internet & digital phone was ending. Huge regrets.

NEVER use the website, the whole experience was a chaotic failure. Never got my mobile phone - Rogers canceled my account with no explanation and after several VERY painful attempts to find out what was happening via chat support, finally discovered when I got on the phone with someone that Rogers thought I was a "fraudster" and just canceled my order. Then Shaw sends me a useless streaming box that I did not want (I have apple TV and have never had nor wanted TV from Shaw), no new modem. Contact chat support and they say they won't send new modem which chat support said I needed for the 1GB internet until my Rogers mobile phone problem was sorted out - in the meantime they said my Shaw home phone would be continued until the number ported.

Decided to just switch to Telus as the whole process was so inept and unsatisfactory i.e. Shaw/Rogers was failing to deliver the bundle/package I signed up for and it had become painfully clear that although they were advertising "Shaw together with Rogers" there is actually NO coordination or integration of the services. Terrible customer service - the whole thing is a shambles. Got my Telus internet hooked up and new mobile phone wiht number ported.

Shaw failed to cancel my home phone when the number was ported as they were obligated to do. I phoned in twice to ensure my Shaw was canceled and each time was told they couldn't cancel my account unitl they heard from Telus, and that I needed to call back several days later. Finally on the last phone call support informed me that my service had all been activated and could only be canceled as of that day - although they are the ones who had been putting me off for days! unbelievable - just a total rip-off.

I was a longtime customer of Shaw, never missed a bill - and they treated me like garbage. Said I "activated" the useless streaming box and would have to pay an early contract cancellation fee. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was kept on hold for an hour until finally the agent offered to call back the next day. on that next call I had to make the same arguments all over again to the same person, again asked for supervisor, and after about 1/2 hour was connected to someone who was incredibly rude and refused to acknowledge the way that Rogers/Shaw had failed me.

I am absolutely disgusted with this vile, unethical company who very clearly is not interested in consumers, customer service or offering a good service/product. My advice is: DO NOT SIGN UP FOR SERVICES FROM SHAW/ROGERS.

User's recommendation: avoid Shaw and Rogers like the plague - absolutely terrible, incompetent service and will rip off consumers.

Andy K Lei

Really... fix this.

Shaw Cable - Really... fix this.
Why did you drill *** in my house when YOUR OWN CSE is 8inches away. You broke the existing entry point to drill a whole in the siding through the insulation and drywall ? Why didn't you use the original entry point. Needless destruction of property. Garbage. Zero professionalism.

Preferred solution: Apology

Reg C Lno

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Calgary, Alberta

Poor customer service, and getting worse

Shaw Cable - Poor customer service, and getting worse

I dont usually write a negative review unless someone really deserves it. I switched over to shaw about 6 years ago and soon thereafter I started having issues with my internet.

At the time they were very supportive over the online chat, very quick to respond when you opened a chat window, and always assured me they would get to the root of the problem and fix the issues. Well this went on for several years with no solution. They kept on trying to convince me it was an issue within my house wiring. This was a completely new house with all new state of the art as you can get wiring.

And the problem to me was obvious, it was an issue on there end due to the error messages I was getting. There modem wasnt talking to there servers. Well after several years of this micky mousing around and having changed the modem once or twice to no avail, we finally decided to upgrade to the newer gateway modem. Well lo and behold, the issue was solved, the new modem was now talking properly to the shaw servers.

So now a few days down the road a new problem arises. Many of my in house smart devices and cameras are not connecting to the modem. Now heres where shaw gets more stupid. I probably chatted at least 5 times and they tried everything in that modem to resolve the issue.

Kept on kicking off my devices. Finally one guy I chatted with comes up with - oh, the modem only supports 30 2.5 ghz devices. (6 tech support people before someone figured that one out) Well thats odd, the old modem supported all my devices no problem, when it worked. Well there was an option, upgrade to the gateway 2 modem which would support 75 devices, and at the time of promotion it was only an additional $5 / mon.

Now shaw would NOT honor this or resolve the situation in any manner. They now wanted and extra $30 a month and the day after it went to $40 / mon extra. They would not honor there original promotion to solve a problem they created after the installation tech told me they would do so if there were any issues. So I had to foot the bill and purchase another router to add to the system.

Now to top it off I just renewed yet for another term, dropping the tv package to start with, and my rate was $5 / mon more than my neighbor. And the rep says that is the best rate they can do for me.

Now is that a load of crap or what? This company has sure taken a dive with there support and next time round - well put it this way, there wont be a next time round with shaw.

Cons:
  • There continual decline in service and support

Preferred solution: A combination - Apology for the *** customer service, problematic service and price compensation

User's recommendation: Find an alternate provider

Guest

Welcome to rogers aka shawogers. Most pathetic company and money grabber at its best. File small claims or ccts and better business bearu

Resolved
Laura P Ymo

Verified Reviewer

This person supports our platform.
Get a badge ›

Supporter

Resolved: Shaw cable charges a 315.00 cancelation fee

Updated by user Apr 12, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology.

Original review Feb 19, 2024
Now that Shaws partnered with Rogers they are doing the exact same thing that Rogers does and if you cancel your cable or internet earlier than two years or whatever it is you will be charged $315 so Im telling you do not sign with with shaw , go to Telus or some other cable company. I am moving in with my boyfriend and his building has Telus so now I have to pay an additional 315 to get out of my contract. This is bull !!!
Loss:
Cons:
  • Early cancelation fee

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Don’t go to Shaw. Go to Telus.

Guest

Or try to keep ahaw or rogers witj your bf until contract termination gets cheaper to pay off when you cancel. Look like you just signed up with shaw 21 months left to pay.

Gerry S Eqx

| map-marker Victoria, British Columbia

Discriminatory Pricing

We have been Shaw customers for over 30 years, I contacted your sales division to inquire about reducing our monthly cost, (we are not on a contract), they advised they could reduce our cost from approx. $304/mo to $296/mo before taxes as that is what the 'system' loads.

I asked for a better price based on what a friend of mine who has almost the identical package and was offered the following on renewal of his contract which is $230/mo before taxes. I was informed she could only offer me what the system preloads as a discount and nothing further. If I were a new customer I would also be given better pricing. This just seems unfair and discriminatory not to recognize existing customer relationships who have been loyal to Shaw for over 30 years.

I think it reasonable to be offered competitive pricing for all you customers. ÊhüngeS SirlCe Y0IJr PreViOlJS lrlV0iCe

Add Disney+12-Jan-24 to 11-Feb-2414.99

Add Disney+ Discount12-Jan-24 to 11-Feb-24-14.99

T0tal Changer SirlCe Y0Mr PreViOlJS lnV0iCe$0.00

Monthly Charges (24-Jan-24to 23-Feb-24)

2P Ignite Internet + Ignite TV Includes:230.00 Here to help.

For support and questions, please continue to contact Shaw directly.

Learn more at

shaw.ca/whattoexpect ROGERS

Ignite Internet 1G (Ignite ñiFi Gateway modem rental included) Ignite Total TV (Ignite Entertainment Box rental intIuded)

Savings: Ignite Bundle Discount

Total Monthly Charges

Additianal Monthly Charges (24-Jan-24to 23-Feb-24)

Ignite WiFi Pods (3 Pack) Rental

4 lgnite Entertainment Box Rental Crave

Timeshift

CNBC

Guest

Was your friend in your local market and did you ask the rep for the SAME exact offer, willing to be on contract and provided friend’s name?

Shirley H Pxr

| map-marker Parksville, British Columbia

I already sent a message

I did you nor receive my message?? I already sent symbols?) whatever that is. Life used to be so simple, none of this stress!!!

User's recommendation: You need to be computer savvy..not a 96 yr old lady struggling with such complicated stuff!!

Joseph M Inw

| map-marker Calgary, Alberta

Poor service inabilityto resolve a payment issue

I have been paying Shaw for my cell phone and should have been paying Rogers. I tried to get the money that was paid in error to Shaw and have it transferred to my new account with Rogers. I have been on the phone and still am on the phone for 3 hours and can't get anything resolved. Nobody has a clue on what to do and all that is happening is being transferred from one department to another. Rogers tells me I need to speak with Shaw and Shaw transfers me back to Rogers??? So I am paying to an old DBC account that hasn't existed since Nov. 30, 2023. Beyond frustrated.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Shaw was good prior to the merger
Cons:
  • Aggressive letters and emails threatening to cut off my services

Preferred solution: Full refund

Guest

Try to file ccts and file small claim to get Funds back

Leslie D Dmf

No gmail for two days

It took two days. The California expert people are useless. Shaw was down --I was told after 3 hours that the Gmail service was down. I still had problem the best day. Finally I got local person on the phone who got me wifi service...I wanted two days going thru yr expensive expert line and I got different answers T every call. Cost me money and time. Very pissedcall the local phone number when you have a problem I'm new to shaw. Doubt I'd sign on Gain. ssed.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Bad service

Preferred solution: Apology

map-marker Vancouver, British Columbia

Because I’ve been dealing with them and this ongoing issue for over two years not getting resolved just going in circles wasting my time causing the unneeded stress

For two years Ive been having nothing but problems they change my equipment to a better one they say however its not its garbage . the service tech that came here he didnt even anything He said its not your new TV.

Its the equipment Comcast, which isnt communicating from Canada to U.S. The recordings dont even record Ive missed so many series for two months they keep telling me oh were working on it in the back office but in the meantime Im paying $140 a month plus extra five dollars for a BET which doesnt record furthermore, its saying Im 88% full recordings. How can that be then its saying I watch the certain shows which clearly I have not, Ive missed so many series. It is unacceptable Im being called and told send me videos information of what you cannot get in the pixel leading in the volume issues.

I do send it in to the foreman and I get some guy the phone to me back and he says to me Im just the middleman , what what does that supposed to mean? Why are you here wasting my time everything I sent to Foreman this guy is asking for and Im thinking why did the foreman tell me to send him everything by email? When clearly this guy the middleman is he calls himself is asking me everything wasting my time . The Internet cuts out.

Its a joke you pay $140 plus taxes plus an extra five dollars for BET and you cant even get the quality or the service. And then youre watching a show all the sudden in the middle of the show it says delete now or keep what Im right in the middle of a show. This is ongoing issue all of it and its not getting resolved. The foreman says were working on it.

Yeah its been since last year either you guys dont have the technology experience or are you just wasting Customers time the service tech that was here last time Comcast says that is the problem is equipment so if that is the case, then why isnt Shaw getting on it and removing this technology cause I know theres a lot of customers take myself complaining because Ive read the reviews and they are not pretty . Furthermore Ive been with Shaw for 25+ years. The last three years have been horrible. They think theyre trying to keep customers know if theyre losing customers Im surprised nobody does a class action lawsuit against them because they keep putting you through circles wasting your time with service calls, some of the technicians know some dont its like train your technicians on the same page.

What is ridiculous I pay extra money and I cant even watch the shows. Oh in the best part now it takes me four times to turn the TV on and off to get any volume what that is about is a good question , I have so much information from videos to information and its not helping or it takes time really look how many years its been no thats a Port excuse and I was told theres another customer like me having the same problems. Hello wake up call get with the program change equipment and I also learned some of the equipment can be refurbished. Oh thats beautiful when I learned this oh and another good part when you call for tech service on the phone they told me can you unscrew the coax cable I said I cannot its on so tight.

I almost hurt my fingers putting so much pressure trying to unscrew it and I told the guy I cant do it the screen on with some kind of special tool Impossible to unscrew it and the guy says to me in tech department. Well then I cant really help you if you cant unscrew it. Oh this is real nice no they carebut a lot of money for wasting my time Im paying extra money for channels I cannot watch properly for anymore now theyre not even recording and they say they are recording when you go into your recordings theres nothing oh and the best one I have a soccer match Saved Ive never had a chance to watch it Morocco and Canada now the recording saying Ive watched it I have not. This is a joke.

Then I was sick with a really bad cold. Im trying to watch TV thats impossible for the amount of money that I pay. Its a joke pixelating still ongoing oh and then you get your messages saying to tighten your coax cable how can I tighten it when they screwed it on so tight with a device how is that? My fingers have an indentation from the pressure trying to unscrew it because the tech-support is telling me to do this.

No Ive been finding with the service when they come into your home and on the phone they have different training this just waste the customers time so the meantime while I was sick I was getting more stressed because I kind of watch a proper show. I clean my watch a recording because its not being recorded or it will stop half weeks in between no but you know what Im really annoyed. Some guy calls me that the foreman passed my case on to and he tells me Im just the middleman. Oh thats real nice Shaw.

So this is my last resort going this way, and if I get no help with this ongoing nightmare, I will take another step.. I am not scared because I didnt do anything wrong. I tried to set up a brand new printer that I carried home and the girl was on the phone with me for three hours. Shes telling me theres no signal for my Wi-Fi.

oh my God I wasted so much time no enough to see that Ive given so many chances. Oh and two years ago I had 18 service calls in one year do you think, a manager or supervisor would question this and look into it of course not as long enough Seans getting their money thats all they care about and then yesterday. Im looking at my recordings wears. My shows are recorded them.

Yes its saying in red its been recorded now. No its not . The TV is constant going on and off but the worst part the volume actually and the recording this is garbage equipment, so FYI Ive been told is refurbished equipment. Oh thats real nice no I will go as high as I can go I will fight this because its wrong wasted so much of my time And caused me a lot of stress thats why it took me longer to get better when I had a cold because the TV was stressing me out the service.

Actually its a joke 25 years. Ive been with this company and its horrible.

Like I said the last three years horrible , I paid money for BET I cant even watch it properly with PVR and its not even recording or you have to go back into the system and you have to ask for the show manually because its not recording but it saying its recording Im sorry 88% recording so Ive used no Its a joke Im tired and stressed to the point. I complain to my doctor that Im so stressed out from this Shaw TV ongoing nightmare so its documented so there you go oh and trying to get through to someone on the phone and chat line is a joke I think ever since Shaw merged with Rogers its gone downhill .

User's recommendation: Think twice i’ve had so many service calls 18 calls in one year go figure they just keep saying we’re working on this. It’s three years going into, but you keep taking consumers money.

Guest

Have you had any resolution to this problem yet?

BRIGITTE B Dsz

Verified Reviewer

I am tired of huge company that pray on people(older or not)

Well they were billing me $148 month and I had barely anything worth seeing. So I cancelled their cable and just kept the internet and landline. Now out of the blue they are billing me $2.00 for renting the phone! ITS MY PHONE. I have to spend my time and energy to contact them for them to stop that and give me a refund.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Internet is ok
Cons:
  • Very expensive for people that barely watch tv

Preferred solution: Price reduction

map-marker Edmonton, Alberta

Wrong charge for cable

It wasn't wrong, but confusing because I don't have cable service .could I have someone to check it out?

User's recommendation: The name of the service or product should be clear and consistent

Rowe Dbz
map-marker Medicine Hat, Alberta

Relocation

The Man that was helping me book relocation of services is very knowledgeable and helpful Thanks again
Caroline Erg

Not happy

Is the bill all in one for shaw and Roger's because I paid all my money to Roger's for shaw and Roger's together
Nechama Eot
map-marker Vancouver, British Columbia

I was a customer with shaw for over 10 years...they're crap now. I want to change my services and they have a charge for everything. I wanted to reduce the billing, instead

To change plan to reduce billing is a nightmare. They have a charge for everything and the they're service is the worst I've encountered.look elsewhere

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article